Date Submitted: July 1, 2022
Type Draft Resolution: New Resolution
Submitter: Alex Fugate
Provide Cyber Attack Detection (CADet) service and product technology to detect system malware
identification and anomalies in F-15 ANG aircraft Line Replaceable Units (LRU) Operational Flight
Programs (OFP) prior to mission
Recommend the ANG states include this resolution in their aircraft maintenance programs
-Technology verifies that there have been no unapproved changes to the LRU’s Operational Flight Program (OFP) or any of the
Supply Chain components (software or hardware).
- Attestation is also valuable for verifying system integrity after field upgrades or after the completion of cyber testing.
- For fielded systems that have been deployed for a length of time, Attestation can provide early detection of component degradation
prior to failure.
- This allows for proactive maintenance in the avionics to ensure successful and timely missions execution.
- Attestation verification is accomplished using an external “trusted verifier” to examine the LRU’s memory contents and devices
using direct access to an existing port of an LRU and then using a chained access technique in which the trusted verifier communicates
through a verified LRU to a down stream LRU.
- Specific System Utility:
- Provides cyber security to existing legacy systems (no modifications to hardware or aircraft wiring)
- Provides verification of system integrity after field upgrade or cyber testing
- Can provide an early indicator of component degradation prior to failure
Input #: 2
Resolution #: New
Item #: New